Jeffreys Hook Lighthouse
was constructed as North Hook
Beacon at Sandy Hook N.J. It was
moved to it's present location in 1921.
It became famous when a book was written
about it, called "The Little Red Lighthouse
and the Great Gray Bridge."
It was to be destroyed in 1947 and
millions of children worked and donated
to save it. It is now in a park.